Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Gold latch pin removal

300RUM1

Hi,

First post for me, I've been doing quite a bit of reading. I'm trying to remove the latch pin to change the sping as part of the Briley kit for my browning gold. I have no issues getting the clip out but can't seem to get the pin to move at all. I've try up and down moving the latch in hopes to remove some pressure. It will move a fraction but doesn't freely come out like the other pins. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks Wayne

Edited by 300RUM1

Hmm... If you removed the clip in the slot in the reciever that retains the pin, I always pushed the pin out the bottom of the reciever by sticking a small allen wrench or punch down through the small hole at the bottom of the ejection port that lines up with the top of the pin.

Edited by caspian guy

I forgot to mention that I use a bent paper clip or small allen wrench to push the clip in the slot sideways to remove it. To put it back on when you are finished you just drop it into the slot and push it back the other way.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll I finally got it to run right. I've spent a couple weeks adjusting, readjusting, polishing, cutting springs, etc. To date I have the Briley tube, 3 1/2 recoil spring, the latch spring Briley sent, and I cut the mag spring Briley sent as Ah6IP stated in a post quite some time ago. There's a lot of good info here, you just have to do some searching. I guess if I wasn't such a big Browning fan I would have went a different route.

I did have to use the win 1 1/8oz 1300fps ammo though. I tried for 2 weeks to shoot Fed 1 1/8 1145 shells but I just couldn't get it to cycle correctly every time. I still think it should do it, but that's just me.

It's still a work in progress so I'm sure I'm missing something.

Thanks for all your help, I'm sure I'll have more questions as this moves along.