Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walking Dead Multi Gun 2012 Dallas, TX.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are golfcarts/quads allowed? I know most people at big matches... Especially in the dark, will have more stuff than they want to carry around

No. No motorized vehicles. Gun carts (stroller style) are allowed. The farthest walk between any two stages will be less than 100 yards. Most will be 20 yards or less! :eatdrink:

Edited by Lone Star Shooter

Are golfcarts/quads allowed? I know most people at big matches... Especially in the dark, will have more stuff than they want to carry around

No. No motorized vehicles. Gun carts (stroller style) are allowed. The farthest walk between any two stages will be less than 100 yards. Most will be 20 yards or less! :eatdrink:

I've got a garden wagon I used at LaRue. Will that be kosher?

Am I the only one that reads the Tac Optics Rifle and Tac Irons Rifle rules as exactly the same? Other than the word electronic, it seems they are the same....so if someone wants to use a red dot with a flip up magnifier, they can do that in tac irons? And Tactical Rifle doesnt say anything about variable powered optics, so can a 1-4x be used in tactical? I am confused as to what the difference in the divisions is now....usually tactical is variable powered optics/magnifiers and tac irons is irons or 1x only optic.

6.3.2 Tactical Rifle

(a) Not more than one (1) electronic or optical sight is permitted

(B) A supplemental magnifier may be used with the permitted optical sight provided the magnifier does

not contain an aiming reticle, cannot be used as an aiming device by itself, and remains mounted in

the same location on the rifle for the duration of the event. A participant may use the magnifier in

either the magnified or unmagnified mode without restriction

6.4.2 Tactical / Iron Rifle

(a) Not more than one (1) optical sight is permitted.

(B) A supplemental magnifier may be used with the permitted optical sight provided the magnifier does

not contain an aiming reticle, cannot be used as an aiming device by itself, and remains mounted in

the same location on the rifle for the duration of the event. A participant may use the magnifier in

either the magnified or unmagnified mode without restriction.

Rules still need to be changed.

Tac irons is iron sights or red dot. No magnifier.

Tac optics can have a variable zoom optic.

Hey Uber. Thanks for the input. The rules were changed on the first day that registration was open. We have sent the revised rules out to all of the competitors. Are you signed up? If so you should have the revised rules already. The site does need to reflect these changes. We will see to it. If you are a competitor and don't have the revised section please let us know.

USMCMP had it right.

Thanks again! :rolleyes:

Just picked up Red Bull as our exclusive energy drink sponsor for the match! Just the thing to help get us through a long night of fighting the undead!

Thanks Red Bull N.A. for your support! :cheers:

Any chance of picking up Dunkin' Donuts for us Old Army guys that prefer coffee? :lol:

My AR upper just went off to Crusader to get Slipstreamed.

Can anyone recommend a good holster for a 4.25" 1911 with a Streamlight TRL-1? DSG is out of stock on that one...

I think I've found a holster that will work...are drop leg holsters kosher? I didn't see anywhere in the rules one way or the other?

My biggest problem is that, being a luddite, I don't own any pistols with built in rails for the lights, so I had to get an adapter. But holsters made for lights usually assume that the pistol has built in rails. The adapter throws the dimensions off, and things don't fit.

Yeah, and M&P Pro is on my shopping list, but that's way down the road.

Just picked up Red Bull as our exclusive energy drink sponsor for the match! Just the thing to help get us through a long night of fighting the undead!

Thanks Red Bull N.A. for your support! :cheers:

Any chance of picking up Dunkin' Donuts for us Old Army guys that prefer coffee? :lol:

My AR upper just went off to Crusader to get Slipstreamed.

Can anyone recommend a good holster for a 4.25" 1911 with a Streamlight TRL-1? DSG is out of stock on that one...

www.RKBAHolsters.com

I used one for the CT Midnight 3-gun. Works awesome.