Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Facebook on Friday

DCMJ

After a trying week, this is my commentary on the day. Yeah, I posted it my FB status, but what can I say? I were inspired, at least to the level that I get inspired. Had to share it elsewhere.

a bad case of Facebook Deficit Disorder.

I'm going to post a lot in this status, stay with me, I'll try to make it worth it...

1. The weather.

Beautiful evening. It's one of those driving around after sunset, singing to the tune on the radio at the top of your lungs, with ALL the windows rolled down. Yeeeaaahhhhh. Wish I could sing. <sigh>

2. To err is human.

I'm all for forgiving the accident. But. All it takes to truly f something up is a Verizon Wireless Store employee and a computer. I went in with a new phone activation issue, I left without even my current phone working. DubyaTeeEff. Verizon Customer Service got my phone back on it's feet at least.

3. To forgive is divine, or at least lucrative as hell.

Part of the "journey" (sheesh, just call it a s**tstorm and get on with it, Jim) was also working with Amazon Wireless to sort out WHY my phone couldn't be activated. Unlike VZ, they tried - hard and found out that there's an outstanding order to disable my current number on 8/19.

Yep VZ strikes again. Unlike VZ who will probably pitch a hissy when I demand that they waive my activation fee to compensate me for this fiasco, Amazon gave me $30 in promotional cash to buy any thing my little heart desires from Amazon, just because. Kudos to Amazon, they couldn't work around VZ's screw up, but the certainly took a little sting out of it.

4. Last minute changes in your weekend, not always bad.

Need to spend a second weekend in a row with Mister Junior, at the last minute. Considering how long I lived where I couldn't spend ANY time with him. I'm calling this a win. There's that pony...

Life is good, keep your sense of humor, call BS when appropriate. Don't worry, be happy. (still working on that last one...)

Yessir, not a single complaint with Amazon.

I finally managed to get my new phone activated yesterday after "only" a week and it was due to the efforts of Amazon. Verizon? No help at all on the other hand.

Happy Tuesday!