Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting diagnosed with a split tendon

Mark R

Went to the doctor today for a follow up to an MRI on the shoulder...doctor said I had a bicep muscle tendon longitudinal split (split lengthwise instead of blowout crosswise). One of two tendons on bicep muscle...the one that attached to the shoulder joint.

Has been painful the past 4 weeks and dreading the diagnostics...said I needed surgery to 1) cut the tendon with minor deformity of the bicep and loss of pain, 2) cut and tie the tendon with loss of pain, or 3) let's see how it goes and deal with it. I elected for #3...and hope I can deal with it on the shotgun stages at Rockcastle. Been waiting too long (actually a year) for shooting the ROCK again. Can't wait. Going to be fun...pain in the day...pain killers at night. Going Pro Open!!!

Went to the doctor today for a follow up to an MRI on the shoulder...doctor said I had a bicep muscle tendon longitudinal split (split lengthwise instead of blowout crosswise). One of two tendons on bicep muscle...the one that attached to the shoulder joint.

Has been painful the past 4 weeks and dreading the diagnostics...said I needed surgery to 1) cut the tendon with minor deformity of the bicep and loss of pain, 2) cut and tie the tendon with loss of pain, or 3) let's see how it goes and deal with it. I elected for #3...and hope I can deal with it on the shotgun stages at Rockcastle. Been waiting too long (actually a year) for shooting the ROCK again. Can't wait. Going to be fun...pain in the day...pain killers at night. Going Pro Open!!!

Tendons are hard to heal. Couple of things that may help are Tiger Balm Red, and COQ-10. Tiger Balm is an amazing healer. To try it is to be convinced. Put it on at night, wear a t-shirt as it can stain sheets. COQ is like high test gas for the cells and makes everything run better, heal faster.

I learned about Tiger Balm through Tae Kwon DO, and can attest to it as I could not have gotten a black belt without it. I had knee surgery and was having a lot of pain, but Tiger Balm took care of it. The patients of mine that have tried this and the COQ have had amazing results. Most CVS pharmacies now carry Tiger Balm I do believe. Red is the best and strongest form.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

Good luck and take it easy.

I had a distal biceps tendon rupture and it really sucked. It was months before I was back to 80% wit that arm. Even now, several years later, I can still feel it during certain activities.

Most CVS pharmacies now carry Tiger Balm I do believe. Red is the best and strongest form.

CVS now carries regular, Extra (which is red), and Ultra. I picked up red and man did it relive the pain after a few minutes...I'm a believer. Looks liek shotgun reloads at Rockcastle will be a lot easier now!!!

Thanks for the lead. :cheers::cheers: