Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I bought 5k once fired 40 brass...

DRAB81

Thanks guys. Like I said earlier, if I can't get the seller to refund my money, I'll scrap them. I don't feel comfortable loading them, and I wouldn't feel right selling them to someone who does.

The scary thing is, how many cases like these are cleaned with SS/Lemishine & sold to reloaders as once fired brass? I'd be willing to bet that there are several commercial level brass sellers that clean up cases like these & sell them all the time. I'm definitely going to be a lot more picky about where I get brass from now on. I figured I could trust a retired LEO to sell me good brass, but it just goes to show that I shouldn't have made that assumption.

Thanks guys. Like I said earlier, if I can't get the seller to refund my money, I'll scrap them. I don't feel comfortable loading them, and I wouldn't feel right selling them to someone who does.

The scary thing is, how many cases like these are cleaned with SS/Lemishine & sold to reloaders as once fired brass? I'd be willing to bet that there are several commercial level brass sellers that clean up cases like these & sell them all the time. I'm definitely going to be a lot more picky about where I get brass from now on. I figured I could trust a retired LEO to sell me good brass, but it just goes to show that I shouldn't have made that assumption.

I just recently horse traded for some brass that was described to the original purchaser as "range brass". Along with cases covered with the normal amount of soot and tarnish, there was a fair amount of Federal brass in it that looks really good - bright both inside and out. Once fired Fed NT looks that way, and that's what I thought this was, until I noticed that none of the cases had the NT marking, and that all had brass colored primers (I think Fed cartridges all have nickelled primers). Proof positive came when I found both walnut and SS wire media in the shipping box. Mind you, the brass still is usable, it's just not as advertised to the purchaser.

Caveat emptor, and all that...