Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Data for lead 180gr

armydoc

best guess would .40. Would need OP to confirm that. Plenty of options out there for powders. Whichever primers you can find the best deal on will work just fine to start out. Another important bit of information that will be vital to determining your OAL will be the max that your mags and gun will run reliably. Striker-fired guns tend to prefer things a little closer to factory spec which would put you around 1.12 overall. "2011"-style pistols like things a little longer and you may find yourself loading a full .100 longer. Lots of factors to consider. Easiest thing to start with is a manual from Lee or Lyman or RCBS, etc. Read through all the beginning stuff and then use some of their data to get started. Those books walk you through most all the basics and whatnot to keep you safer when you are just starting out.

All that being said, I've been running Solo 1000 for a while now and have enjoyed it. I've been using it in an M&P Pro .40 loaded to about 1.17 OAL. Charges have been varied (to shoot major, IDPA and 3-gun)from right at 3.0 to over 4.0. Starting on the low end and using your chrono and keeping an eye out for pressure signs is important. I've also used American Select with decent results.

I am looking at buying STI 40 cal edge wanting to get some info on a good soft recoiling load for gaming thanks. Primers I like are federal or cci. Press is a dillon 550. Powders I like to use are Titegroup, 231. Looking at n320. Bullets unquie lead 180 gr. Or Xtreme plated 180 gr. trying to get a start up load and input is greatly appreciated.