Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Square Deal B light

I've been using a small bore light, mounted to the side of my SQD press, to illuminate the case in station 3 as a powder check light. It was attached to a small magnet that was epoxy glued to the frame of the press. This setup worked but was not optimum as the light would move easily and was frequently bumped out of position while placing the bullet on the case i experimented with shining the light through the existing hole in the bullet seat die, but this did not allow enough light into the case and was much too sensitive to being mis positioned. I knew the solution was to recess the light into the bullet seat die, so I took a spare 9mm bullet seat die and drilled a 3/8" hole in the top that the bore light will fit into. I also drilled out the existing hole through the center of the die, to 3/16", to allow more light into the case. I found that the bore light fit into the bullet seat die just as well without the shroud attached and seams to get more light down into the case. The bore light is easily removed when changing to a different caliber, or when I need the light to check the bore of my gun..

SquareDeallight013.jpg

SquareDeallight002.jpg

Bullet seat die drilled to accept the bore light.

SquareDeallight012.jpg

SquareDeallight001.jpg

The bore light with the shroud attached.