Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Match, Feeling Really Good

Allfat

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to check in here and tell my short story.

I started with my first match last month, shot limited because I only had a few magazines and there were a couple of long courses. I shot last on each stage, and I ended up placing 3rd in Unclassified Limited, and 31/59 overall. I felt I did really good, but for my next match I wanted to try production to have some reload practice and stage planning, so I bought a couple more magazines for my next match.

My second match was just last weekend, and I shot production with 5 magazines. I did really well. I won Unclassified Production class, was 27/62 overall, and was 5th on the classifier shooting a HF that would put me into B class according to the classification calculator. I felt really good about this performance. There was a stage there called "Evil Star Returns." It had a texas star that was activated spinning by a popper, and behind it has counter rotating paper targets on it, 2 standard targets and 2 no-shoots. It was 30 rounds overall for the stage, and I finished it shooting 31 rounds, only missing one shot on the star. The only targets I did not hit 2-A on were the ones behind the star and I hit a A-C on one and a A-D on the other, but did not hit either of the no-shoots. It was really exciting and fun to do that well on such an intimidating course for a newbie.

I am looking forward to getting a classification to see where I land, but man, this stuff is just too much fun. I am heading out to shoot again at another local match tomorrow, wish me luck!