Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the darkside...

iShootguns

I work at a gun shop, and a guy came in yesterday with two open guns that he wanted to sell; one was an Errol Lawson build, and the other a David Pruitt build. Both were used and had been shot a bit, but due to the price that he was asking for both guns, and the fact that open guns are meant to be shot...I couldn't help but take him up on the offer. Due to this transaction, I figured that I might as well buy one for myself because the price was right. I ended up with the GunDoc (David Pruitt) gun in .38 Super! I am so ridiculously excited to be shooting open that I have also already ordered a C-More Serendipity, an STI aluminum trigger, a slide racker, new basepads and the conversion kit for my Dillon haha.

The gun comes with an old school mount with a Tasco ProPoint (I'll shoot it till the C-More gets here), two 170mm STI mags, and four 140mm STI mags all with Grams guts. I'll be putting a Dawson SNL +1 on the 170mm and Grams pads on the 140mm mags. Also in the package are four Safariland 771 mag pouches and an old Bianchi race holster.

Anyways, here is a picture of how it sits now (sorry about the bench clutter...busy day!):

20120801200041.jpg

Ishootguns. Are you sure about that serendipity mount? I have seen lots of ejection problems with them over the more open STI style with a slide ride cmore on top.

I run a Brazos 90 on my STI Trubor and have no issues. Judging by the picture you are a smith that can deal with the issues but do you really want too?

Just food for thoroughly while you have the opportunity to make a cheap change.

Looks like a great deal. Are you sure the hole patterns are going to match--Serendipity have 3 holes on each side of the mount. You might need a slide ride and a mount without holes. You can then match the hole pattern on the gun to the mount..

Congratulations. Can't go wrong with Pruit's gun.

Good luck in Open

Thanks! He's actually local to me so I'm going to have him tune it up. He is a jedi master of his craft, whereas I am just a padawan learner 0_0 .

Ishootguns. Are you sure about that serendipity mount? I have seen lots of ejection problems with them over the more open STI style with a slide ride cmore on top.

I run a Brazos 90 on my STI Trubor and have no issues. Judging by the picture you are a smith that can deal with the issues but do you really want too?

Just food for thoroughly while you have the opportunity to make a cheap change.

I am definitely not 100% sure on the Serendipity, haha. David looked it over and said the ejection port should be low enough to clear, but if not I will just sell it to my buddy that needs one and get myself a different mount and a slide ride. I may even try out an RTS if that's the case.

Looks like a great deal. Are you sure the hole patterns are going to match--Serendipity have 3 holes on each side of the mount. You might need a slide ride and a mount without holes. You can then match the hole pattern on the gun to the mount..

I layed a Serendipity on top, and it did line up with three of those 20 year old holes, so I'm thinking it will work. If not, I guess I'll just have to go with a blank mount.

I appreciate the advice everyone, I'll find out either today or tomorrow if the Serendipity will work :) . With what I paid for the gun and mags, doing some mount juggling doesn't make me upset in the least :D . I just can't wait to get out to the range and try this thing out!