Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling all Glock Trigger Wizards

Schedule 40

I have a G21SF that I am trying to set up for use in Limited-10. It should be noted that my pistol was originally the model which had the ambidextrous magazine release and 1913 picatiny rail. After some negative mechanical problems with the mag release, Glock generously swapped my frame for one with the more common Generation 3 format.

That being said, I have attempted a fairly simple trigger job: (These same mods have been made on my G34 with great results)

-3.5 lb Scherer connector

-Wolff reduced power 4 lb firing pin spring

-Wolff reduced power firing pin safety spring

-25 cent trigger job (polishing) of all necessary areas.

The trigger now has a very noticeable and audible "click" right before it reaches the "wall" of breaking. When I look into the magazine well, I can see where the trigger bar engages the firing pin safet. As the trigger is pulled, you can visually see it working as it should, and then, right before the trigger reaches its most

rearward position the trigger bar actually pushes itself off toward the outside of the frame. The safety still stays disengaged, but it definitely is a very noticeable

feeling when the trigger bar seems to "fall" out of alignment.

A few more notes here. This problem only seems to occur when a 3.5 lb connector is installed. I have tried the Scherer and the Glock factory one that came out of my 34.

When I use the stock 5.5 lb connector that came on the 21, this problem does not occur. Also, the new frame that Glock sent me has the trigger bar in it which included

the "bump" on the tab which pushes the firing pin safety up. I do not believe that my original frame had this trigger bar. Stranger yet, I would think that this bump would actually keep the trigger bar from being able to push itself in the direction that it ends up going (toward the outside of the slide).

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated. As I said before, this is the same trigger job that I put on my G34, and I absolutely love it. My goal is to make both triggers feel the same, and aside from the "click" that occurs, they pretty much do. Making it disappear would be awesome!

Thanks.

I believe the "click" you are referring to is the plunger safety recess. My 21 does the same thing. I have the round detent in the trigger bar & have just gotten used to it. You could probably find out if there is an aftermarket trigger that does not have the detent area & try that.

• 1 month later...

There are different profiles of FP-safety plungers available. Sounds like you need one that is a flat/wide as possible. W/empty gun and a flashlight, look up your magwell and watch what is happening to your plunger & trigger bar during a trigger press (BTW this is how CRO's can catch & reject trigger jobs that defeat safety features).

Some plunger designs try to put a gradual slope on the surface that engages the trigger bar, usually results in a small-diameter peak to the part - you want to stay away from those, accentuates your problem and those really only improve the feel if you slap all the way thru a trigger press. I'm used to the idea that all kinds of things are going to happen in a Glock trigger press prior to the steep let-off, no longer looking to reduce or smooth out my pre-travel at all, but your issue is a problem rather than just an annoyance, & could result in your striker rubbing the FP-safety plunger, causing misfires.