Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Attempted Flipping & Catching

Vince Pinto

Hi folks,

In an effort to get a simple summary of your views on the issue of attempted "flipping & catching" of live rounds during the unloading process at the end of a course of fire, I would be grateful if you would vote in this poll, to give me some guidance that I can take to the Rules Committee. Please note:

1. I realise that if there is a detonation, there might be nothing to catch, but I think we can all recognise an attempt at "flipping & catching".

2. Note that Rule 10.4.3.1 in the January 2004 Edition rulebook already covers accidental detonations which may occur in the normal course of "non-acrobatic" unloading.

3. Also note that this poll has nothing to do with detonations which may occur during malfunction clearances done under time pressure while making your attempt at the course of fire. We are dealing here solely with voluntary, but avoidable, "show boating".

4. I've made it so that you cannot add comments here, because this thread already exists, and I don't want to duplicate everything.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks to everyone who voted in this poll.

I think there's a clear majority indicating that we do nothing, so you can be assured that I will not be raising the issue with the Rules Committee.

I'll close this poll now.