Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interceptor Latch Spring Staking

Glock35

I did not get very mant responses to my last posting regarding interceptor latch problems (ie the latch not dropping down when the bolt is open and keeping the round in the mag tube). I replaced the spring clip with a Brownells 0.025". It took the side to side play out of the latch, but when I would manually cycle the gun with dummy rounds the interceptor latch would stay up on 1 out 5 rounds. I just removed the spring and it was compressed (about 10 deg). I replaced it with a new one and the latch seems to to be much stiffer now.

My real question is does anyone know where to get a staking tool besides Brownells?

OK, you're talking about the long, flat, rail thingy that fits into the side of the receiver, right? With the latch tip at the magazine end to control the feeding of shells?

I've got a staker and I'll loan it to forum members for the cost of shipping. Maybe take a PayPal deposit or something.

In my 16 years of shooting 1100s and 1187s I've never been bothered to stake the latch. The trigger assembly adequately holds it in place. Actually my competition 1187 started out (from new) as being staked but came adrift.

I like being able to easily remove it for inspection and I always check the tip end for any signs of fracture prior to a match - I've had 2 shear off during the 16 years.