Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SWFA inventory management

jaredr

finally took the plunge on buying a first focal plane mil/mil optic. ordered from SWFA last night, saw the charge hit my credit card @ 3:00 pm today and I'm all excited about finally buying a "nicer" piece of glass, wondering whether it might get here in time for me to get it mounted and get things dialed in over next weekend, etc... Much to my dismay, I get their auto-generated email at 4:30 pm telling me they're actually out of stock on this item, no ETA on availability etc. I'm frustrated, call them to inquire about what's going on?

The CSA guy advises me that their website just tells you WHAT THEY OFFER for sale, there's no indication of whether the item is actually available. Their policy is to charge the card in full to confirm the purchaser has funds, then check inventory. I'm told that since the item is unavailable, they will no refund my card (sooner or later).

I'll leave it on backorder because they've got the best price I could find, but that's some disappointing stuff right there. lesson learned is check stock over the phone before making any assumptions about when they can actually ship anything...

edited for spelling

Edited by jaredr

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)

Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)

Hate Forum Rules:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097

[note: this is a generic reply]