Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig X5 40 cal Competition model for IPSC shooting

PrinC

Hey folks,

I just got a deal on a Sig X5 Competition model in 40 caliber for IPSC shooting. If it is left stock, what division in IPSC would it be placed in?

I use a G35 presently and was wondering what would the DA/SA effect have on me moving from the G35.Are there any other issues I should be concerned with?

I await your answers.

X-5 Competition or X-5 Allround?

As far as I know the Competition has only been made in SA, the Allround is made in DA/SA. Both are available in .40 S&W.

An X-5 Competition would be allowed in open, limited or limited 10. It would not be allowed in production as it is a SA.

An Allround would be allowed in open, limited, limited 10 or production.

I shoot an Allround and will say that the DA first shot will take some getting used to. A good trigger job will help.

Hope this helps,

If your new Sig has the da/sa trigger it is not a Competition. The da/sa version of the X5 is the All Around.

A .40 cal AA would be used for Production division. The Competition is single action only.

Edited by Trader

X-5 Competition or X-5 Allround?

As far as I know the Competition has only been made in SA, the Allround is made in DA/SA. Both are available in .40 S&W.

An X-5 Competition would be allowed in open, limited or limited 10. It would not be allowed in production as it is a SA.

An Allround would be allowed in open, limited, limited 10 or production.

I shoot an Allround and will say that the DA first shot will take some getting used to. A good trigger job will help.

Hope this helps,

I got the deal from a friend and our conversation was mainly over the phone. I have physically handled but not fired the pistol as yet.I handled the pistol at night. The information I am giving is based on what the dealer who has the pistol told me over the phone.I will make enquiries as per the All Round status or the Competition model. I know he paid a hefty sum for it.

The X-5 Competition has a heftier price than the Allround.

Either way, you have a fine handgun with ample options to use it for USPSA.

Should you need extended base pads for it check out 'Astro' on the Sig Forum. He makes some awesome stuff.

Enjoy it.

The X-5 Competition has a heftier price than the Allround.

Either way, you have a fine handgun with ample options to use it for USPSA.

Should you need extended base pads for it check out 'Astro' on the Sig Forum. He makes some awesome stuff.

Enjoy it.

Thanks much, Bill. I will link him up in a bit.

• 1 year later...

.I apologize for taking so long to come back on the net...I'm in the military and have been away for a long time and I am finally able to come up for air

I do still build base pads for the P226 and they increase your mags to 17 rounds of .40 and 23 in 9mm with the stock follower and my spring follower kit will increase capacity by 1 more round

Please let me know if you have any questions

Very Respectfully

Roger

prairiedawgshooter@msn.com

I've shot my comp model in Limited using Roger's magazine parts. I love my gun and get lots of compliments on it. They look sexy and the single action trigger is nice.

There has been a history of extractor problems but I am over 5k rounds on my .40 and still use the original extractor. 9mm has a lot more documented extractor failures that can be found on various forums.