Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting without much support hand assistance

EkuJustice

So I am wondering if anyone has any ides on shooting with very little strength in the support hand to grip the gun. Right now my support hand is very sore where much pressure on the palm especially causes a ton of pain and the grip strength is way down. I am not sure what was done to it since it happened over like 2 days time. Reloading the gun and seating the mag with the palm is pretty much going to be a no go.

I was wondering if anying had any ides on a way to get some what control of the gun without the palm touching the gun. About the only way I can think of is wrapping the fingers and ramming the thumb hard into the peddle. The only concern I would have with this would be stearing the gun with that thumb.

If it hurts bad enough where it's affecting your shooting, I'd say take a week or 2 off from shooting to give the hand a chance to heal.

If you're so adamant on shooting, now would be a good time to practice SHO shooting....

• 2 years later...

Try tightening up the sling. With a tight 2-point sling, exerting forward pressure on the weapon will also have the effect of stabilizing it considerably, to the point where shots could theoretically be made accurately with barely any support hand assistance.