Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Red Dot

Quite a few of you have asked me about the Vortex red dot scopes, and I have had to say "I haven't used them".

Well now I have try-ed out the mid priced Strikefire red dot that is about the same look and size as an Aim-point Comp.

I was a bit hesitant of a scope that cost less than 1/2 that of an Aim-point under $200

I was not in much of hurry to try them out as I have Aim-Point comps mounted on my best Mod 41 barrels to shoot Sportsman's Team Challenge nationals. I have not missed a national event sense 1994

Its the one thing I am Good at and it feeds my ego for the rest of the year.

I shoot the 4" Biathlon gates at 50 & 45 yards and I hit the 2" target holes at 45 and some times 50 yards with a rim fire handgun.

All that information serves as a foundation for my review. If it was not better I would not risk a team score on it.

The Strikfire red green dot works Great comparing it to the Aim-point the dot is just as sharp and clear.

I very much like the option of green for setting up to hit the 2" holes at 45 and 50 yards, The 4" holes look almost too easy.

The Strikefire is Cool and I can see it working great on a Tac optics rifle too.

2012STCCombotargets.jpg

The STC Combo event is shot as a team.

This shows the Strikefire front and the Aim-point back

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab280/AlamoShooter/2012-05-05_15-12-34_856.jpg

Edited by AlamoShooter