Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK45 Recoil Spring

DFinan

Ok need some help I have been tryign to work lighter loads for my HK45, I am running 230 grain berrys plated with 3.9 grains of clays, and an oal of 1.26" and getting a lot of stovepipes because ther eisnt an enough energy to eject to round completely with the stock 18lb recoil spring. What I am looking for is any information on an after market spring to use in a seperate guide rod, assembly that is rated for 15 or 16lbs. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

The HK45 and the P30L / S pistols run the same type of spring as glocks ... I was playing with these with the idea of using a flat type glock recoil spring on the P30LS; I had but traded the pistol before the project took off...

From my findings ... you can take the recoil spring out and order a same spring as glocks use ( I think sprinco was the company) and replace it with something lighter for your loads...

I would strongly suggest purchasing a few of these before you start:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Recoil-Spring-Washer-Retainer-USPC-P30-HK45C-212p1594.htm

Thanks I will take a look at the Glock springs, and I already have a new guide rod, bushing and washer on the way. I plan on setting up one for competition and one for normal carry use and just swapping the whole assembly out as needed. Saves me the trouble of taking apart the guide rod assembly everytime I want to swap springs.

Any suggestions on a weight to go with, I figure I will start with 16lbs and go down from there, the gun cycles now but stovepipes prett much everytime.