Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AIM Monthly 3-Gun this Sunday

All,

I meant to get this reminder out a little earlier, but due to being sick all week I've been lagging.

This Sunday AIM will be hosting our monthly 3-Gun Match in Blakely, GA. First shots will be at 9:00, so I would recommend arriving between 8:00 and 8:30 for sign up. I already have two pistol and two shotgun stages set up, and will be building the two rifle stages tomorrow. We will have a 26rd shotgun jungle run (using the logging trail to the right of last months jungle run). Bay 1 is a 21rd shotgun stage with 5 poppers, 2 plate racks, and 4 clays. On Bay 2, I have a 30 rd pistol stage set-up with a fun twist. With the exception of a few close range IPSC Cardboard targets, there will be A LOT of AIM's steel silhouettes incorporated into the stage. There will be plenty of paint to spray them between shooters so RO's can verify hits if there is a questionable shot. Bay 3 is a 30rd pistol stage with some good movement between arrays. The two rifle stages which I am setting up tomorrow will be a minimum of 32 rds each, both starting off with some close in stuff, moving to longer shots on steel. Max distance will be about 150yds.

Lee Keith built us a few benches this week, and we are in the process of building more. We also purchased more tents, so we are working to make our matches a little more comfortable/relaxing for everyone. Thanks to everyone that bared with us for our first few matches as we were acquiring these supplies. I know that as it gets hotter, shade and seating is important to everyone.

I put a lot of thought into building stages that are unique, challenging, and quick to reset, so the match should run quickly and smoothly. No tear down is required after the match, and anyone interested is welcome to stay and reshoot stages of their choice for additional practice. We have not had an issue with this yet, but ensure that we continue to follow proper safety procedures after the match. In order to stay and shoot, there must be an experienced shooter acting as an RO on the stage, and guns should only be handled/loaded once given the proper command. Once done, proper clearing steps should be taken. Again, from what I have seen, everyone is doing this so please make sure we continue to stay safe prior to, during, and after the match.

If there are any newer shooters who need someone to work with after the match, just let me know and I will be happy to walk through some stages and help out were I can. In addition, for anyone that doesn't have the required equipment or ammo to shoot the match, show up with what you have and I promise someone will offer to loan you what you need to get through the match. I have some extra gear you are welcome to use too. I hope to see a lot of you out there, it'll be a good match and everyone should be done fairly early. Please pass the word around as I am still building up a distro list, right now I only have contacts for those who have attended a match here previously. Thanks everyone.

--

Dustin Rademacher, Training Director

American International Marksmanship Academy, LLC