Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I imagining?

feederic

Last night I was working extensively on sight tracking and tightening my follow up shots (as I do every Tuesday night). I backed the target out to 25 yards for some end of training accuracy work when I noticed the funniest thing. I started noticing I could visually see the slide return to battery for its last 2" of travel or so. At first I was noticing a shadow under the back of my slide that would appear and disappear, with a little more focus I could use peripheral vision to track the sights and notice the gun traveling back into battery.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

1. Awesome that you're tracking your sights properly.

2. For me, it's a lot easier to do at the end of the session when the gun is dirty and cycling slower. :blush: When it becomes "too easy" for me to track my sights, it's a clue that it's time to clean the gun.

2. For me, it's a lot easier to do at the end of the session when the gun is dirty and cycling slower. :blush: When it becomes "too easy" for me to track my sights, it's a clue that it's time to clean the gun.

Maybe that was the case for me. A few months ago I had trouble not blinking when the gun went off, now I can stare through the firing cycle and see the slide move back and forth as well as the front sight. Funny how that works.