Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Days like today

THS

Having spent a few days thinking about my venting, I think it came off too harsh.  My anger was directed the wrong way, and I have edited to correct that.

The club that shoots on my base has too little support in the form of active members who put in effort to make things work.  Hell, some shooters ignore the request to be there on time to help, and show up an hour plus after the scheduled time, jump in , effectively shooting through, and leave without any assistance either!

Without a change, and some members who are willing to help the few (2 I've seen really getting things to work) who actually work to make things happen, that club is dead.

This sport survives on volunteers, (Phil Strader was trying to speed up the stage building), but at the same time we expect preparation that leads to well-run events, too.

Get involved.  It is the only way to make things better.

(Edited by THS at 4:40 am on Oct. 2, 2002)

And the rest of the story.

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way."

Translation.  Work at the club leadership level planning, coordinating, and executing events.  Shut your mouth and stop complaining when you don't like something, yet fail to help in the process.  Or find another place to play.

Ask yourself a question.  "Where do I fit?"

(Edited by THS at 4:46 am on Oct. 2, 2002)

Changed my mind, and edited posts.  I'm not leaving; instead I'm going in with both feet to make it better.  I will personally check scheduling and coordination ahead of time.

This is too much fun to allow to fade away.

Tom

Quote: from THS on 4:48 am on Oct. 2, 2002

Changed my mind, and edited posts.  I'm not leaving; instead I'm going in with both feet to make it better.

Tom

Tom, It's good to rant sometimes.  Thanks for providing some inspiration for me today!  I admire your attitude!  Keep the faith! -Sam