Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eastern Lakes Section 3 Gun Championship

Announcing the 24th Annual Eastern Lakes Section 3 Gun Championship.

Hosted by the Rochester Brooks Gun Club & Rochester Brooks Practical Shooters.

Match dates are August 21st & 22nd , 2004.

Rochester Brooks Gun Club is located in Rush, NY.

11-12 Stages - 4 Pistol, 4 Shotgun and 3-4 Rifle Stages, 250-300 rounds.

Match Fee –$75.00 before 08/01/04 $100.00 on or after 08/02/04 (postmarked).

Go to http://www.rbps.net for more information and applications.

• 3 weeks later...

Individual events: pistol only $15.00, Long Gun Only $25.00 each but you cannot shoot & compete with all three guns and compete for aggregate results for an amount less than the total standard match fee.

11-14 Trophy awards to Match Winners in Open and Standard & class winners, High Super Senior, Senior, Lady, Law Enforcement & Military (Minimum 3 entries for award)

For Limited Class, all 3 guns must meet USPSA Limited rules. For Open class all guns and equipment must meet current USPSA rules. Shooting any Open gun puts you in Open Division.

No Sabot type slugs, Foster style only. Birdshot #6 is the largest size you can use.

Workers will be refunded $10.00 per 4 hour shift they work for set up, tear down & RO support etc.

3-Gun Tee shirts will be for sale at the match for $13.00 each. Specify size if you want to order one in advance with your registration.

This match will feature combination type 3-gun stages.

Many hotels located 15 minutes from the Range.

Electric hook-up for campers available at the range, $10 for the weekend.

Come and have a great time at a great match!

Brand new pistol from S_I : $3000.00

AR 15 from JP Enterprises : $2850.00

Shotgun you built yourself : $1700.00

Belt, Holster, mags and ammo : $450.00

Wearing that fluorescent pink Eastern Lakes Section 3-Gun tee shirt : PRICELESS :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Chriss,

How did you like the match this year? Hope you found the shirts acceptable.

BTW: I painted the backer boards at the 50 yard berm on the rifle range just

for you. :D

Hope everyone enjoyed the match ! !

Mike

Mike,

Hooters and beer were good. There was a match? Did I win? ;) Good stages. The long range slugs I could have lived without! Shot pistol decent. I screwed up the shotgun stages. Rifle was ok nthing great but didn't really screw it up. I like the Multigun stages. Need more long range stuff next year. Any results yet?

Hi Chriss,

I know how you feel. My match ended on the 2nd pistol stage with a squib load. The bullet in the barrel cost me severely. After that, I just didn't care and it shows. I only shot the stages I felt like shooting and some I didn't shoot at all.

For the two rifle stages, I slammed home my reliable 40 rounder and ran the stage, point shooting, from the hip. Scores looked pretty good on those. But, the day was a loss overall.

Our score keeper got the pistol results done before he had to leave town on business. I expect the rest any day.

For Pistol the preliminary results show you 6th overall out of 63 shooters :D . And, you were 1st in your division and class. Hope the rest of the match goes well for you.

All the results will be posted at www.rbps.net sometime next week if all goes well.