Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crazy idea for a shotgun

thekman24

So I have this idea for a semi auto shotgun that has the same controls to an AR. I know that Akdal has made an AR style shotgun but I was thinking about how I could custom make, say a right hand Mossberg 930 SPX (thats what I currently own), with a right side charging handle and a right side bolt release button. This would make it so you have all the controls of the shotgun on the right side but the ejection port on the left. Im not sure there would be any benefit to it other than it would be a lot easier to manipulate if you're used to the AR platform. Any thoughts?

So I have this idea for a semi auto shotgun that has the same controls to an AR. I know that Akdal has made an AR style shotgun but I was thinking about how I could custom make, say a right hand Mossberg 930 SPX (thats what I currently own), with a right side charging handle and a right side bolt release button. This would make it so you have all the controls of the shotgun on the right side but the ejection port on the left. Im not sure there would be any benefit to it other than it would be a lot easier to manipulate if you're used to the AR platform. Any thoughts?

That'd be HAWT!!!

IDK what, or if, there are any legal ramifications for making your own or kit bashing another. Be sure to post pics of progress!