Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Options Popularity Check

ChrisMcCracken

I'm relatively new to reloading for the .40 but I've worked up a few different loads that I like which are very accurate in my Glock:

125 gr FMJ 7.3 gr Power Pistol OAL 1.130"

200 gr Precision Delta FMJ 6.3 gr Power Pistol OAL 1.130"

180 HAP 6.7 grains Power Pistol 1.135" OAL

180 grain Zero JHP 6.7 grains Power Pistol 1.130"

I've been experimenting with a variety of primers (Federal No. 100, CCI, Tula) and 1x fired brass (mostly Federal, Speer, and Winchester). As you see I haven't varied the OAL much and I had no idea you could make them as long as 1.180" and still have them feed okay. And as you can see I stick with Power Pistol, I have a good deal on bulk amounts of it and I think it's a good powder for me.

I'm relatively new to reloading for the .40 but I've worked up a few different loads that I like which are very accurate in my Glock:

125 gr FMJ 7.3 gr Power Pistol OAL 1.130"

200 gr Precision Delta FMJ 6.3 gr Power Pistol OAL 1.130"

180 HAP 6.7 grains Power Pistol 1.135" OAL

180 grain Zero JHP 6.7 grains Power Pistol 1.130"

I've been experimenting with a variety of primers (Federal No. 100, CCI, Tula) and 1x fired brass (mostly Federal, Speer, and Winchester). As you see I haven't varied the OAL much and I had no idea you could make them as long as 1.180" and still have them feed okay. And as you can see I stick with Power Pistol, I have a good deal on bulk amounts of it and I think it's a good powder for me.

Keep in mind this poll was specifically regarding STI/SVI 5" guns, not glocks.