Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my first Classifier

NTD

Shot my classifier on Saturday and squeaked in a Marksman ranking for both ESP (183) and CDP (181). What I find interesting is that my ESP gun (Walther PPQ .40) was purchased a week prior and the Classifier was my first time shooting that gun, and I was only 2 seconds slower than with my 1911 which I have been shooting for years. I'm now trying to figure out which one I should shoot for the State match in April.

While I don't wish poor performance on anyone I had a little boost to my confidence when I scored better than my 2 buddies who shoot IDPA with me. One of them is stuck in Novice and the other scored 192 in CDP, they've both beat me in the 3 matches we've shot together before. I've beat them on individual stages before, but not the whole match. I'm thinking maybe some of my practice is starting to translate to matches. Either that or they both just had really bad days :unsure:

I know that 180's isn't anything to brag about but I accomplished my short term goal of making Marksman and now have a benchmark for myself. Next year I'm coming away with an Expert ranking :cheers:

way to go! i had a simular experience last year. I had been shooting SSP for two years and was a high MM. Classified in october for SSR with a brand new gun and borrowed holsters and speed loaders and squeaked into SSR SS.

Happy shooting!

• 2 weeks later...