Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slow page loads after move to new server

Skydiver

I'm seeing "slow" page loads after the migration to the new server. Most of the page loads quickly, but I see that my mouse cursor, as well as the Chrome page icon shows that the page is still trying to download more content. In the corner, I'm seeing that Chrome is waiting for a response from 64.19.142.13.

Anyway firing up the Chrome dev tools, it looks like the following bits of content are is supposed to be coming from the 64.19.142.* block of IP addresses. I'm guessing that this is leftover from testing, or pre-production code:

th_bg.png being loaded by index.php, line 248

primarynav_bg.png being loaded by index.php, line 284

search_expand.png being loaded by index.php, line 291

search_icon.png being loaded by index.php, line 317

advanced_search.png being loaded by index.php, line 318

topic_button_right.png being loaded by index.php, line 444

topic_button_left.png being loaded by index.php, line 444

gradient_bg.png being loaded by index.php, line 453

I don't know if the board software sends different renderings for different browsers, but I'm seeing the issue with Chrome, but not with FireFox or IE. On Chrome, some of the buttons are missing backgrounds and only showup when I hover over them.

As I said most of the page loads very quickly (nice!), except for those missing bits. Hopefully, the DNS updates eventually makes it to Google DNS. I'm still stuck hacking my hosts file right now.

ETA: DNS updates finally have made it through, but still have the errors trying to read the last few images I mentioned above.

Edited by Skydiver