Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex 1-6

Merlin Orr

Got it today! Wow its cool, feels more rugged than the 1-4 Razor.

The reticle gets Very Bright when its lit up. Bright like Meopta bright.

I got it late in the day and just held it up in front of my face to our TV and the TV screen was 90% clear. Looking 500 yards down the street at the telephone pols tops were clear at 6 X.

When you get one read the instructions on the Rheostat turn on. = I grabbed it and gave it a twist and it bit into my hand. I forgot about the cool lock out in it. = pop it out a 1/6" of inch and it turns -on- off-. push it in an it locks it in the position that you want. = it will not turn until you pop it out again ( Nice )

A throw ring will be nice to have, not easy to turn it to a full 6x in one grab

Did I say the Glass is Clear ! Very Clear Looking out at a road and buildings I know is 7 miles away with my 8x32 Viper binoculars and thin with the 6x Razor. I can see just as good with the 6X to make out blinking stop lights. Cool.

The Reticle has 1/3 the information the the 1-4 Razor EBR reticle has in it. But I could see how some would call the 1-4 BBR busy. I like the EBR though, But for the Glass in the 1-6 I will more than likely learn to like it.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Just look for the guys with the Big Smile!

I will be at the Pro-Am Your welcome to find me.

I started another thread on the scope , But this is an interesting tid bit on "Stats" looking at my TV with the 1-4 Razor the field of view at 4 yards away is 3'-2"

With the New Vortex 1-6 the field of view is 4'feet wide at 4 yards

The eye box is huge :surprise: its like a magic trick

Edited by AlamoShooter

How bout a pic of yours.... :)

This is just a quick photo held up the scope in my left hand and the camera in my right.

How may times has a photo of a TV came out that good , much less through a rifle scope.

Its Clear!

1-6razor001.jpg

Eaton was on his way to the Gold medal , I already have mine

Edited by AlamoShooter

I started another thread but I just had to post this photo

RazorGenIItargetAug12005.jpg

The camera just not pick up how bright the red dot is , It looks more like a + sign than a Dot.

I spent plenty of years shooting Open Handgun in steel challenge and uspa . and I like being able to use "Target Focus" on stages to keep my transitions quick.

This rifle scope lets me shoot the rifle more like a handgun. sounds crazy maybe ,but its Wicked Fast

The pic of background foliage is clearer THRU the scope than just thou the camera...

That has to do with the aperture and depth of field of the camera, not the scope.

Yes and NO The photo is like that because of the camera.

But in person looking at 75 + yards with the scope set at 1 power the back ground like the trees are Clearer Thur the scope.

My 1-4 Razor is the same way, I don't know all the technical reasons why , But I think it is the glass not picking up the haze or dust reflections as much as the naked eye.

I plan to do some testing side by side with a friends SwarO in the next two weeks.

I will be happy to provide so hands on viewing at this coming match, And I know Scott will have a table set up at the Pro-Am

This photo is 350 yards from the steel targets, the temp is 102f 5pm one of the harder times of day to see into the shadows. the mirrage was very light with a slight breez. Still with a hand held camera the view through the scope I could see my two hits on the steel ( In the Photo )

VortexRazor1-6Aug-2012027.jpg