Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

time to climb

lowersplitz

Okay, I have shot four or so local USPSA matches in SS, Limited, and Production divisions as a U shooter. Mostly to allow me to get a feel for the sport, and its intricacies, while I still know little to nothing about the sports intricacies after four matches, I have become addicted :lol: ... However I did have to take a break after cutting off the tip of my dominant hand middle finger :surprise: , but now I am ready for more.

Today (actually yesterday, its 2:37 in the am, having a devil of a time sleeping lately :mellow: ) I decided that I will fully dedicate myself to the sport. I won't go into past training regimens, as far as I am concerned, it all starts anew today. USPSA registration money is on its journey , and i embark on my own... Todays practice was simple, consisting of a half hour of par timed reload drills. From; on target, reload, to back on target, being honest with myself 9 out of 10, are within self imposed 1 second par time on my timer. I still feel as though there is some wasted motion, and that my movements aren't as repeatable as they should be for optimal results. In a future post I will include a video for feedback on that subject. After reloads i started a round of dryfire transition drills, during which I emphasized trigger control and front sight focus. Finished with push ups and situps. In retrospect in future sessions the pt will be put in front of the pistol drills.

In the limited match experience that I've had, I have noticed that my biggest speed obstacles are in the transitions, and moving between arrays. To help rectify this I am ordering an airsoft approximation of my blaster so that i can set up and run different scenarios more realistically. Any advice is welcome. Also if there are any shooters in the WV, KY, OH tri-state area that are actively training for USPSA, and could be a training partner for range days please feel free to contact me.