Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

difference in Para slides?

kimberacp

If the slide is stainless it will have an 'S' stamped on the bottom of the raceway.

As far as the actual finishes used, on our "Classic" line of pistols, we are now using a Nitride finish. This provides an extremely hard, corrosion resistant finish, which gives a very appealing black appearance. Nitride also has very good anti-friction properties, and results in a finish that is harder and much more wear resistant, than bluing or parkerizing. This is a great feature at this price point.

The "Classic" line includes:

GI Expert

GI LTC

P14-45

On our "Performance", "Premium", "Limited", and "Black Ops" line of pistols, we are using Ionbond PVD/DLC. This is an exceptionally hard finish with an extremely low Coefficient of Friction, while offering superior corrosion resistance. Because it's only a few microns thick, we are able to keep our tolerances tighter, resulting in an improved fit, finish, and longevity.

I've been using Ionbond on my competition guns for the past few years. Besides the durability and resistance to corrosion, what has really impressed me is its ability to retain and release oil during prolonged use. Typically my practice sessions consist of 500-600 rounds, held in 90 to 100 degree weather. With the Ionbond finish, my gun stays well lubricated despite the extremely high operating temperatures. Aftermarket application of this finish will typically cost you approximately $300.

13179523.jpg

Some examples:

para-stealth-r.jpg

blackopsmcsf.jpg

Ionbond is featured on the following pistols:

1911 SSP

1911 LTC

Hawg 7

Warthog

Slim Hawg

Companion

Carry

Stealth (Ionbond on frame, slide, and barrel)

14-45 Limited

16-40 Limited

18-9 Limited

1911 Black Ops (Ionbond on barrel as well as the slide and frame)

1911 Black Ops LTD (Ionbond on barrel as well as the slide and frame)

14-45 Black Ops (Ionbond on barrel as well as the slide and frame)

14-45 Tactical

16-40 TT (Ionbond on slide and barrel)