Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Gen 3 vs Gen 4

srf

Regarding the Dawson sights...I have a Gen 3 Glock 34 with a Dawson fixed rear (.115 notch) and a Dawson fiber optic front. Dawson recommends a .205 tall front sight for this set up, so that it what I initially ordered. Once installed, the .205 tall front shot about 5" high at 25 yards. I used the calculations on Dawson's web page for front sights and ordered a .245 tall replacement. The gun is now spot on for point of aim at 25 yards.

I recently switched to the Dawson sights after a year of shooting with the Warren/Sevigny narrow notch (.130) rear from CPWSA and the matching .245 tall fiber optic front. The sights were great for target acquisition, but I simply could not shoot longer shots as accurately as I wanted to. The switch to the Dawson sights, especially with the design of the Dawson fiber optic front, has given me a much crisper sight picture and much improved accuracy at longer distances.

As an aside, the 34 is my primary SSP gun for IDPA. Last week I surpassed the 10K round mark, and the gun has functioned flawlessly since I bought it new last year.

Rick

Edited by Coot

Hoping someone that has a Gen 3 and Gen 4 of the same model can answer a question for me.

Will a Gen 4 top end work on a Gen 3 frame? Example Gen 3 17 with a Gen 4 17 top end.

Thanks

Gary

It will work the other way, a Gen 3 top end on a Gen 4 lower. The Gen 4 has a larger front than the Gen 3 for the dual recoil spring. It won't fit on the gen 3 lower. When using the gen 3 upper on the gen 4 lower, there will be a gap on the front end. HTH.

Hoping someone that has a Gen 3 and Gen 4 of the same model can answer a question for me.

Will a Gen 4 top end work on a Gen 3 frame? Example Gen 3 17 with a Gen 4 17 top end.

Thanks

Gary

It will work the other way, a Gen 3 top end on a Gen 4 lower. The Gen 4 has a larger front than the Gen 3 for the dual recoil spring. It won't fit on the gen 3 lower. When using the gen 3 upper on the gen 4 lower, there will be a gap on the front end. HTH.

Thank you :cheers: