Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig p226 elite

Higgins

• 3 weeks later...

I think the E26R-9-SSE is the Stainless Elite and it does weigh a hair over 42 oz. I think you can also get an Elite (not stainless) that is similar in weight to the standard P226 but has an aluminum beavertail frame.

I am thinking of getting a 9mm Stainless Elite myself as a backup to my Gray Guns lightened X-5 All Round. It should be perfect for ESP in a 4.4" barrel. I've been using my standard alloy frame P226 but like the weight of the X-5.

The stainless elite does not have the adjustable sights, just the standard SIG night sights. I've heard some bad things about the adjustable rear sight provided on some of the (Elite) SIGs. I have had good luck with the LPA overhanging rear sight on my standard P226 and that is what I will put on the Stainless Elite if I get one.

I've also considered an STI 9mm 1911 or 2011 for ESP. I have large hands with long fingers and I need something with a grip size at least as large as a P226 with standard grips and fat trigger. I've seen P226 Stainless Elites with the thin trigger and with the thick one. I've got to have the thick one or change to it when I get the gun.

Joe