Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Tac30 reticle brightness

Red_SC

I took a carbine class with my CTR02 with a Tac30 last weekend. I've had this scope since just after they came out, and pretty much quit using the illumination for daytime shooting after the first range trip, I prefer the black reticle. When shooting in low light, though, the illumination is necessary. The problem I had is that, even at the lowest setting, the reticle was washing out the whole target. I know people stack batteries in some scopes to increase brightness, is there any way to do the opposite? A similar sized battery with lower output maybe?

voltage affects the brightness, so wearing the battery down will reduce the voltage output of the battery. I have no idea how much of a drain the illumination on that scope is to the battery, but you might just try using a multimeter to measure the voltage of the battery, then put it back in the scope (or any other device that uses that battery type)and leave it on for a while and then when the illumination gets to where you want it you can measure the battery again to see what the voltage is. At that point you know what you need. Just an idea.