Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint battery extender

I seem to remember seeing a machined knurled extension for Aimpoint red dots a few years ago that allowed you to run two batterys in series, allowing either extended life or a brighter dot, i dont remember which. but.. now the only thing i find, at brownells, is a unit that just carries/stores another battery in the cap.

any suggestions?

I had one of the extender-caps way back when Aimpoint dots weren't all that bright. They worked, but mine fell off somewhere never to be seen again. The latest Aimpoints are usually bright enough without it, and if you really want, there's a combination of thinner batteries you can assemble in the stock cap that will get you more voltage and a brighter dot for a little less battery life.

• 2 weeks later...

well, ive figured out it aint me, its the scope. i thought i wasnt seeing the dot too well anymore, possibly my failing eyesight, but during fire the other day i noticed the dot suddenly doubling in brightness... and then going immediately back to "half". time to call aimpoint and get a r.a.

thanks guys