Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags Stick in XD-9

Boyd

I have an XD-9 (not the XDm). I have several 10 round mags and a few full caps. 5 out six of the 10 rounders stick in the gun. I' ve done the old rubber mallet trick and some will fall free for a while, but then stick again after a few loadings. I don't leave them loaded and they seem like very sturdy built mags. The gun is about 5 years old, but has been shot very little. Any ideas or long term fixes? I'd like to get some decent serrvice out of the mags I have. Thanks

-mb

Edited by Boyd

Had that same problem with my xd45.. check the front of the mag on the hole where it latches on the mag release. Few light strikes with a hammer straight down onto the hole and it drops out the well like butter now. Seemed to work for me, just don't dent the hell out of it. If it works, rinse n repeat on the other mags.

Edit- I hope you meant sticking in the magwell... if not this fix wont help the rounds sticking inside the mag tube. If thats the case maybe take the mags apart and clean real well?

Edited by MrTizzon

Had that same problem with my xd45.. check the front of the mag on the hole where it latches on the mag release. Few light strikes with a hammer straight down onto the hole and it drops out the well like butter now. Seemed to work for me, just don't dent the hell out of it. If it works, rinse n repeat on the other mags.

Edit- I hope you meant sticking in the magwell... if not this fix wont help the rounds sticking inside the mag tube. If thats the case maybe take the mags apart and clean real well?

You had it right the first time. It's the mags sticking in a clean gun

I didn't hammer mine to fix the dropping free, I used pliers to squeeze them front to back at the top of the magazine. I couldn't visibly see a difference but they dropped free after I did it. It doesn't take a lot.

You had it right the first time. It's the mags sticking in a clean gun

Ahh ok.. yeah... check the hole on the mag n push back some metal a tad...its binding a bit on the release latch.