Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 3 Gun Problems

chase864

I hate to admit a problem with my (so far) flawless Beretta Xtreme 1 but at the last local match, first stage, the gun immediatly had a cycle problem. To give some background, I have owned the gun for many many years. Initially, I broke the gun in the suggested way to cycle lighter loads. Since then, I have happly ran any and all loads through the gun. A week before the last match, I took the gun to a local Beretta gun smith for a complete cleaning since it never had one. Got it back and now this....

Today I did go out and try it again with some low recoil cheap Winchester low brass. Same problem, action is half way back, spent shell casing is ejected and the next round is half way up in the action. Oiled the action up and then it wouldn't even remove the spent round.

Next test was trying some high brass 1 1/4 oz. Cycled fine like it should?? What has changed? Did he put something back to tight if that could happen. It does feel like something in the action about half way back catches. It is not a smooth pull all the way back. Don't recall if it was like that.

Help... If you saw this on AR forum sorry...

I wonder if he replaced the recoil spring. That would do it. My Xtrema2 didn't like light loads until I shot several boxes of heavy waterfowl loads during the duck season. Now it runs the light target loads very well. But I haven't changed the recoil spring since I bought the gun a few years ago. I would call the gunsmith and ask him what he did to the gun and what he thinks the problem might be.