Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glasses

Old&Slow

Looking for quality Shooting Glasses that allow prescription glasses to be worn under them. The Rudy RB-3 have that design, but at $200 + the cost of your prescription lens it seems a little high. :ph34r:

Thanks for any advice.

O&S,

I bought my Rudy Rydon's with the Rx insert from Jim and I'm very happy with them. There are other Rudy models that provide for Rx (Ekynox, Kerosene, Perception Golf, et. al.) Contact Jim, he'll work with you and give you the best deal out there, and better yet he'll stand behind his product 100%.

If after talking to Shannahan you still find the Rudy's to be too expensive you may want to check the Bolle's or the Wiley-X, but from none of those you'll get a 100% replacement warranty on scratched lenses.

I've used the Wiley-X and would never go back after getting the Rudy's. Here's Jim's website: http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/

Good luck!

Here's another vote for Jim Shanahan. He also supports the sport in a big way.

Yes, Rudy's are expensive (I have the Kerosene Golf with Rx insert) but they are worth every penny. Vision is too precious and irreplacable to trust cheap protection.

There are a number of other threads discussing the various ins and outs of shooting glasses. A search should lead you to them.

Cheers!