Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two large 650 boxes in my car!

All set up! I can see I'm going to have to get used to a couple of things--mostly priming--after loading on the red press for so long. The casefeeder, by the way, is not quiet. But it is awesome. :)Silly newbie questions:1. When just starting to load a batch, how do you "sync up" feeding cases with when the primers start to show up in station 2? On the red press, primers immediately show up on the primer punch after one pull of the handle. More importantly, the same primer stays on the primer punch until it's used. So you don't have to do anything to make sure there's a primer for your first case and a case for your first primer. On the 650, if the primer in station 2 doesn't get used (if there's no case for it), it goes on its merry way around the primer carousel. Which leads me to question 2:2.

i pull the handle once and the click the primer advance lever 6 times. then i pull the handle again and it feeds the next primer right into the case. (so it may be a total of 8 clicks but if you do it my way you will not miss any primers to the ski jump)

henry is right about the priming cam. remove that and you are gtg.

eddie

Some suggestions...

When starting with empty stations and the case tube is loaded... Raise the shafts halfway up and manually index the primers six clicks, and you are ready to go.

Whenever i finish a batch and run out of primers, i always make a few additional resized cases without primers and put them aside.

Then I put the large Allen key in the case lever so no more cases are fed into station one.

You can use the resized cases, if you for some reason have a primer without a case at station two. No more primers on the ski ramp...

I also set all cases that I measure the powder aside.. Those I run when all other cases are done, and there are no more primers in the system.

Seating them manually into station two, one by one until done.

If you have snapping shell plate issues (powder jumps out)... Move the powder die to station three.

While holding the bullet with index finger and thumbnail, use the pinkie finger to guide the case from station three into station four.

All of this should give you a smooth start with the 650!

Skickat från min GT-P6800 via Tapatalk 2