Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris XTR, reticle will not light up

fastarget

I don't know much about their scopes, but was impressed, and now ecstatic about the vortex razor spotter I purchased, nice.

Glass is great. FFP reticle has very fine hash marks that are difficult to see against some backgrounds. I think it slows me down on distant targets trying to focus in on the tiny marks. In good light or against a light background, it isn't much of an issue.

I am thinking on a 1x4 that 2nd focal plane would be a better choice for this reticle since you don't need the marks unless shooting long distance. And at that point, I would be at 4x anyway. I think they make a 2nd FP model and may have to go that route next.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Contacted Burris this morning, spoke to a very pleasant lady, I asked about the scope. She said they plan to have a meeting with the repair dept.

In the pm, she called back and informed me that Burris has decided to replace the scope due to the nature of the problem, however Burris does not have any in inventory until middle of Jan.

So, OK, thanks Burris.

Called Sportsoptics , Jay is very professional, a new Meopta ZD will be here tomorrow. Sportsoptics is out of Swaros until the middle of Jan(what's up with the middle of Jan), and he will call me when available.

Edited by fastarget