Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your recommendation on mounting a red dot on a Benelli M1/2?

Jesse Tischauser

• 2 weeks later...

Speed bead looks easy to knock off zero. Anybody have problems with it?

I had some problems with mine during installation. I just ordered a speed bead for my M1 and the hole in the Burris plate did not clear the base of the oem mainspring tube. It was actually undersized approximately .050". I didnt realize that there was a fitment issue since the speedbead was supposed to fit my M1. What ended up happening was that the roll pin from the speed bead got lodged into my receiver while I was trying to fit the incompatible plate to the receiver. Now the roll pin is permanently lodged into the receiver. I had my 1911 pistol smith custom fit my Burris plate for my 'M1 but I'm concerned that there isn't a positive enough fitment between the receiver and the plate since the roll pin is too deep into the receiver to get a "bite" bite othe plate. With everything bolted together it seems solid, but I'll see how well it maintains a zero after I fire 50 rounds of heavy recoiling slug/buckshot though it for testing. If it doemst hold, ill drill and tap the receiver for a few screws for a more permament installation. Incidentally I contacted Burris to complain and they are sending me a complimentary fastfire for my trouble .

Moral of the story is to measure the mainspring tube at the base of your receiver. If it measures .904" it's going to b too big for the .845" hole in the speed bead plate and the install goes from easy to PITA.

Edited by Smokin