Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gen4 glock

hal1955

I was at the Asia Pacific Glock Invitational In Cebu this weekend. Glocks were awarded at the dinner and the Asia Pacific Glock rep gave a little speech. He said that the bugs have been ironed out of the gen 4 and that the gen4 will be "oficially" released next year in 2012. Whatever that means. I was having too much fun drinking San Mig and watching the Brazilian dancers. Anyhow, I have steered clear of the gen4 because I've heard of a few problems with the early ones. I'd like to know if the gen4 recoil assembly really helps with muzzle flip. Does anyone have any experience with that ?

gen4 , 34, stock form recoild assembly, not much of a difference from a gen 3 stock gun , but recoil is perceived differently by people. Had to got to a gen 3 set up spring for competition.

I don't really feel recoil or even hear the noise. What I do notice is muzzle flip and sight tracking. I was wondering if there was an improvement there.

The reduction in flip/change in impulse is real-- but it's not really something to write home about, IMO.

TBH, I saw more improvement in a Gen 3 just dropping down to a 15# spring on the old style flat coil and captured rod. But we're talking perception here, so it could be a different story for anyone else!

Between the new GRA and ejector, I think they're probably correct in saying that the kinks have been ironed out. I've already heard of 3 guns being "fixed" with their installation, and this just a short time after the latter part was being sent directly to certified/verified armorers.