Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF Power Factor

Gun Geek

I've helped put on several GSSF matches now in Colorado. I think that the basic presumptions are that the factory ammo only pronouncement precludes fussing over power factor. As far as a generous reshoot policy. Glock wants to build brand loyalty and bring new shooters into the sport. They especially stress the family nature and environment of the matches. Seems to work pretty well in Colorado as there are lots of family groups that show up. They figure that us "hardcore" shooters will shoot no matter what. And we either like Glocks or not! If it's too hard for newbies they may get discouraged before the shooting bug really bites them. It's waaaay too late to reach IPSC shooters, mostly shootin' bums and always gaming anyway. So make it fun and not too frustrating for young people and especially women. I think it's an excellent strategy. Women are the primary socializers of children and I think it's a good idea to stop raising victims and sheep!

This opinion is worth every penny you paid for it!! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I shot one IDPA match, with a G23 in the SSP class and a G30 in the Back-up.

I won the marksman Class, and the only person at the match with a faster score with am expert with a Glock also.

I came in second in the back-up match, missing out by fractions to the same Expert with Glock.

Also, every GSSF match I have ever been to has been won by a Glock