Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match and Stock 2 action swap

e-mishka

Unfortunately, the Match isn't on the production approved list for USPSA. Additionally, such hybrid guns are considered "prototypes" and supposedly illegal for Production, but the actual wording banning prototype guns seems to have disappeared from the rulebook.

For me, I can swap the top ends between my Tanfoglio guns. (I found the reason why one pair only seemed to work on direction, but not the other: peening of the frame because I was using the stock guide rod, and so the lug below the barrel would slip in easily.)

Actually, the gun you would make after swapping parts on the Match would be the same as a Tanfoglio P21L, which is on the production list...

Unfortunately, the Match isn't on the production approved list for USPSA. Additionally, such hybrid guns are considered "prototypes" and supposedly illegal for Production, but the actual wording banning prototype guns seems to have disappeared from the rulebook.

For me, I can swap the top ends between my Tanfoglio guns. (I found the reason why one pair only seemed to work on direction, but not the other: peening of the frame because I was using the stock guide rod, and so the lug below the barrel would slip in easily.)

If you look through the rules forum, people have asked about swapping slides on their Glocks since most of the frames are the same, and it's essentially the slide that defines the model of the gun. Amidon's opinion is that this is illegal for production because it's a "prototype" gun.