Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone get their DAA/CED range pack pro and want to post up some pictu

digby7

so as you can see - this thing is big - really big. if you fly regularly - take a look at your carry on rolling bag. If its close to the carry on limit - know that this bag is just slightly bigger.

Whats in the pics:

Bottom compartment:

- limited gun in a pelican 1200(always wanted a tan pelican)

- either 200 rounds in mtm cases or 400 rounds in the small s&b boxes

Top Compartment:

- mag brush

- small plastic case with tools and spare parts

- laser bore sight

- ear muffs/ear plugs

- 5 140mm mags

- extra sun glass lenses

- big can of d-lead wipes - looks tiny in the picture

- mag brush

- knee pads

- uplula

Front compartment:

- keys/lock

- squib rod + hammer

- rule book

- extra springs

Top side pocket:

- camera

Bottom side pocket:

- dlead soap

- extra rags

This thing is totally overkill for what i actually need to bring to the range - but the nice thing is that everything has its place and I dont have to worry about accidently crushing things when cramming the bag full to the gills. The trick is to resist the temptation with all this space to include backups for my backups! and bring what i will most likely need/use without going nuts. Having said that. I did pack the thing full with everything above and 500 rounds total of ammo and all I can say is that a should strap range bag is a horrible design for that much weight - the backpack feels very comfortable with that much weight on it. I won't be sprinting around but at the same time I won't be walking to/from the shooting bays or my parking spot wondering if my back is going to go out on me.

A few things Ive noticed:

- to tall to sit vertically in my trunk - it goes on its back so all my mags fall out of the holder case

- a partition in the bottom compartment would be nice - if the bag stays vertical all the time its not a issue - just something to seperate out the pistol sleeve and possibly a few hundred rounds of heavy ammunition.

- straps on the front of the front compartment could be tighter - not as tight as their normal range bag that holds things in fairly securely.

- magazine holder is pretty flexible.

- zippers only work for very small locks like the included DAA combo lock - would be nice to see large zipper pulls like the ykks so they can be locked with something more substantial - I'm in california - a lock is on it for everything. Instead Ive taken to locking the pelican.

Hope this is helpful for anyone that is on the fence for this thing.

Overall I like it a lot. Like Saul says - it is very close in my mind to the perfect range bag - a few small modifications and it would be absolutely perfect in my mind - but perfection will be different for everyone - my definition of it is a well made bag that organizes and protects things well that is in a backpack form.

If they made say a medium version of this that was the range pack pro version applied to their normal sized backpack I would buy it in a heartbeat. Just like I bought this one :)

Edited by digby7

I got mine. I like it. Stool is fine for a 200 lb guy. I normal take a high power range cart to the match. Got everything in this. It is not overkill. When I showed up to the match this last Sunday, I saw to other shooters already had one to. The relayed my experience that this is pretty well thought out. Bottom line I will say it is worth the money for me. Digby, good post above.

HI Guys,

PS - I'll share a little secret with you here - there is a SUPER COOL custom made range cart in the works now to match this bag... We hope to have it ready early next year.

Hi Saul,

Will the cart be 3-gun friendly, with holders for both a rifle and a shotgun?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

The cart is not really designed for three gun, but we may offer a rifle holder too...

Not really sure yet. But it is a two wheel cart, so not huge.

Saul

so I've had a few matches, range sessions and even a class with the bag and I like it more and more each time I use it. The size becomes less of a detriment and more of a benefit.

if you have concerns around the size of the bag as I did, hopefully this thread will help.