Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laserlyte target trainer thoughts?

Glockdirtyfour

All these training tools are so pricey. I was going to dish out for one of those sirt trainers but for the price I rather buy more ammo our better yet a second glock34 but in gen4. I might just settle for one of those cartridge sized lasers.

I can understand buying more ammo or a cartridge sized laser to aid in training, but I don't see how getting a second G-34 will help. Swapping between two guns with different grip feel/configuration probably won't help unless you are specifically training to be able to grab any gun and be able to use it effectively despite the differences.

• 3 weeks later...

Point taken. Skydiver.

Does anyone know if the SIRT will fit factory glock mags?

I would not recommend it. I put one in and had to use a letter opener to get it back out ;-). They stick in their too tight. On the other hand, the sirt weighted training magazines can be used in a regular Glock pistol.

I have the laserlyte cartridge trainer. Like it a lot. It is on loan to a junior shooter for the winter and it is helping him a lot. I paid $89 on Amazon. I think the target they sell is a waste. The laser gives you the feedback you need, the target is just for cool factor and costs almost twice the laser itself. Just get the laser and a pack of sticky notes.