Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 erratic primer seating

Hi there from a first time poster on this forum.

After using two XL650's for over 10 years, I've decided to treat myself with a brand new Super1050 setup with all the goodies (PW Autodrive, Mr Bulletfeeder, etc).

Now after solving many, many problems, the whole setup is finally up and running with only one last issue that I can't seem to resolve : erratic primer seating.

Loading 40 S&W ammunition with mixed brass, sometimes primers are seated right on the spot (about 50% of the time), and sometimes, primers are sticking out of the casing at various degrees (from just a little bit but enough to be felt with a finger up to 1mm outside of the casing).

Now, shortstroking the machine isn't really an issue here since the Autodrive is pushing the handle exactly the same way on every cycle, adjusting the "Primer System Push Rod, part 12819" ain't the best idea neither as it will properly seat the "high primers" but crush or flatten the ones that used to be seated right.

Any other aspects I could look into to get this fixed?

Thanks

Hi there from a first time poster on this forum.

After using two XL650's for over 10 years, I've decided to treat myself with a brand new Super1050 setup with all the goodies (PW Autodrive, Mr Bulletfeeder, etc).

Now after solving many, many problems, the whole setup is finally up and running with only one last issue that I can't seem to resolve : erratic primer seating.

Loading 40 S&W ammunition with mixed brass, sometimes primers are seated right on the spot (about 50% of the time), and sometimes, primers are sticking out of the casing at various degrees (from just a little bit but enough to be felt with a finger up to 1mm outside of the casing).

Now, shortstroking the machine isn't really an issue here since the Autodrive is pushing the handle exactly the same way on every cycle, adjusting the "Primer System Push Rod, part 12819" ain't the best idea neither as it will properly seat the "high primers" but crush or flatten the ones that used to be seated right.

Any other aspects I could look into to get this fixed?

Thanks

Welcome to the club... See my thread on this topic... I've got mine pretty much figured out, it took a number of small things to get it where it needs to be... ... while I have an Autodrive, there is simply *NO* way I'd let it run my 1050.... I may retro mine to my casepro, but never, never, never, ever, will *I* put an autodrive on a 1050.... Just me I'm sure, but way too risky for a bunch of reasons.

found the link for you.... http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136328&view=findpost&p=1533513

Alan

Edited by Alan Adamson