Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Improbable time...

Ron Ankeny

Detlef,

How dare you accuse me of being young! ;) Actually I'm aware of the Swedish incident, but I was not present at that match.

BDH,

You've strayed a bit off path - allow me to explain:

1. It's beyond the purview of Stats to query times recorded on score sheets. They can return a score sheet to the RM in respect of a time issue only if a time is missing or illegible, but it's not their duty (or right) to question times which are recorded and clearly legible on a score sheet. Stats are responsible for data-entry and the production of results - they are not auditors.

2. The only people who can challenge a time are Range Officials or competitors. In either case, the only way to reach a correct and final decision on the matter is to file an appeal to Arbirtation. The RM alone cannot rule, but he can initiate the Arbitration process, without paying a fee, due to the special provisions of Rule 11.4.1, if he believes doing so will be for the general good.

Of course if the time is not challenged, it stands. Also if Arbitration orders a reshoot but that's not possible, for any reason, the time stands.

BTW, the WSXIII example I quoted was a "negotiated" settlement in an effort to save time on an Arbitration, and it was an excellent solution given the prevailing rules at that time (pre-January 2004 Edition).