Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LNL drive hub nub broke off?

So I sit down to start loading today after a fun steel match, and I can't get the first bit of rotation on the handle. Nothing forced or squeezed weird, just not working. It pops over, and I'm seeing the brass isn't lining up with dies anymore, and I have no idea what's going on. So the shell plate just seems to be spinning, and I take it apart.

Looks like the drive hub nub is just clean broken off!!! This means when I go to pull the handle, the hub moves, but the shell plate doesn't. I need to get this fixed ASAP and want it done right. was hoping to work up a new load before the weekend. I tried calling Hornady, but they seem to only be open during normal business hours. Is there a way to get a hold of them sooner? What's the best number to reach? And does anyone know a way to fix this?

(Don't say buy a Dillion... I like this press otherwise).

I had the same thing happen. It was my own fault though. Something was binding and I tried to force it. Hornady sent me a new hub and it took like 20-30 minutes to do. It was pretty simple to replace. They can talk you through it on the phone if you're not comfortable on your own. I'm not sure how to get a hold of them any other way than to call first thing in the morning. Maybe they can expedite shipping?

ETA: Just call the "contact us" 800 number on the website.

Edited by dsmw5142

• 4 weeks later...

So I sit down to start loading today after a fun steel match, and I can't get the first bit of rotation on the handle. Nothing forced or squeezed weird, just not working. It pops over, and I'm seeing the brass isn't lining up with dies anymore, and I have no idea what's going on. So the shell plate just seems to be spinning, and I take it apart.

Looks like the drive hub nub is just clean broken off!!! This means when I go to pull the handle, the hub moves, but the shell plate doesn't. I need to get this fixed ASAP and want it done right. was hoping to work up a new load before the weekend. I tried calling Hornady, but they seem to only be open during normal business hours. Is there a way to get a hold of them sooner? What's the best number to reach? And does anyone know a way to fix this?

(Don't say buy a Dillion... I like this press otherwise).

Oops...I didn't realize how old this post is.

Edited by forrest