Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal Modifications For a PD gun

Jose_Rizal

I'm using a Jericho 941f. Can someone give me pointers on what modifications I can do to my gun that are legal to IPSC? Up to how many pounds of trigger pull is allowed in IPSC? can I file a bit of my grip? can I change my mag release button? can I change my iron sights to a thinner sight since my jericho has a thicker one which gives me a hard time to hit long range targets. Can someone enlighten me about these issues. Thanks!

Guess the most comprehensive answer will come from downloading the IPSC Handgun rulebook from IPSC WebSite. I recommend reading the whole rulebook, before starting to shoot ;) this game.

Anyway, Appendix D4 - Production Division will list all allowed mods for an approved handgun.

In short:

1. Trigger Pull: free trigger pull weight for SA, minimum 5lbs trigger pull for DA (first shot).

2. Grip filing: not sure, my guess is that it will alter the grip profile, thus it wouldn't be allowed.

3. Mag release: if substitute mag rel button is offered as replacement by the OFM (Original Firearm Manufacturer) specifically for that handgun model, OK, otherwise not allowed.

4. Sights: you're allowed to file it to suit your taste; otherwise

Aftermarket sights of the same type and kind offered by the OFM for the approved handgun are permitted, provided their installation and/or adjustment requires no alteration to the handgun.