Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA Action Pistol

NRAActionPistol

All,

With the NRA Action Pistol Committee Meeting scheduled for 7 October at 1400 hrs Eastern Time. We wanted to give NRA Action Pistol Competitors and NRA Members an opportunity to voice any concerns for the Agenda of the above listed meeting.

Please keep in mind any changes and or alterations to the NRA Action Pistol Rulebook need to be for the good of the whole sport.

NRA Pistol Dept

The only request that I would have is, if new rules are voted on and are to be enacted it should be implemneted after the upcomming Bianchi Cup. It seems we run right up to the match to find out about new rulings. If the new rules were not implemented until after the Cup, that would aleviate the rush to find out interpitations about the new rules. This would also give ample time for competitors to understand and ask questions for a longer period of time, also a question and answer time could be included at the Cup.

Kim,

That is very logical, and I agree. Rules should only come into force after the next Worlds or Bianchi Cup. Same system currently in use for all otehr international shooting disciplines. Some consistancy would be helpful.

2012 Bianchi should run under the same rules as 2011, UNLESS, there is an issue that for safetys sake needs to be addressed immediately.

Like adjusting you trigger in the toilet?

Kim & Richard,

The way this works is, we have a Committee Meeting in the Fall, Rules are addressed and or adapted to fit the needs of the sport, they are then sent to Competitions Rules Committee for review and approval, if changes are approved by Comp Rules, they send them to the NRA Board of Directors they hold a meeting in early January. If the changes are approved, we in the Competitions Division will get them immediately after the Board Meeting.

In an effort to let the competitors and NRA Members on here know of these changes we posted the 2011 Rule book on this site on the 25th of January: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121755

We also have a Committee/Competitor Meeting scheduled at every Bianchi Cup, this year we had (6) six people, most of you went to see Mark Wills perform, as opposed to coming to the Competitor meeting.

NRA Pistol Dept

Thanks, I am very aware of the procedure and how it works. One of the reasons that I took my M&P to the Cup and did not shoot it was to have it inspected and approved by a range ref. to make sure that the sight change could be made. It was still up in the air as to what was going to be allowed. If the rules were implemented after the Cup, that would give you an actual ruling by a referee,without showing up ready to shoot and have the changes not approved. Also the meeting on rules changes could be adressed in the meeting at the Cup, because you would have the actual rule change in print, not some abstrack idea of what it will be next year.

I know the processes is needed, but interpetation on the rules can leave you hanging.

You ask for suggestions, this was mine.

Edited by kimmbeckwith

Thanks, I am very aware of the procedure and how it works. One of the reasons that I took my M&P to the Cup and did not shoot it was to have it inspected and approved by a range ref. to make sure that the sight change could be made. It was still up in the air as to what was going to be allowed. If the rules were implemented after the Cup, that would give you an actual ruling by a referee,without showing up ready to shoot and have the changes not approved. Also the meeting on rules changes could be adressed in the meeting at the Cup, because you would have the actual rule change in print, not some abstrack idea of what it will be next year.

I know the processes is needed, but interpetation on the rules can leave you hanging.

You ask for suggestions, this was mine.

Thank you...

NRA Pistol Dept.