Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

617 problems

shannon-mccollum

i have been having alot of trouble with mis fires with my 617 10 shot and i assumed it was a ammo problem . last night i was messing with it and i noticed with a little bit of pressure on the cyl that it doesnt seem to want to lock up fully . every cyl will rotate by hand a little to finish lining up . i hadnt noticed it shaving lead so i never thought about it being out of time . it this a common problem on the 10 shot guns and im guessing it will have to be sent to s&w . any advise or help would be appreciated . thanks guys

Look for firing pin dings on the cylinder where the rim of the case is. It's a little out of time, needs the hand adjusted. If you ever come to KC, bring it over and I'll fix it for free in about 10 minutes.

Look for firing pin dings on the cylinder where the rim of the case is. It's a little out of time, needs the hand adjusted. If you ever come to KC, bring it over and I'll fix it for free in about 10 minutes.

kinda hard to argue with logic like that . will prob just make a trip to do it so its done . if you would pm me your number and i will call you and work out a good time . thanks again