Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended base pads

dangucci

Has anyone tried base pads for non Beretta guns with Beretta magazines? I know the width and depth of the Beretta 96 magazine is the same as a Sig 226, small frame Tanfoglio, Springfield XD, or a CZ sp-01. If I used a base pad for one of these other guns would it still be within the 140mm length limit for USPSA limited division? Does anyone know off hand or do I need to go to the local gun shop and start comparing magazines?

Are you asking about the Elite pads or the magazine extensions. I have a few of the blue and red factory Elite pads on my USPSA mags. LOVE THEM! Integrated base plate, nice color. Clean up easy and don't get dinged up on impact.

post-32932-0-50974700-1311844632_thumb.j

Edited by Doc Maker

I am talking about the extensions. I wanted to use my beretta for limited division so I am looking for more capacity. I had heard there are people getting 18 in the sig X5 magazines. I know the base pads for sig magazines will fit onto the beretta magazines I just don't know if they will still be under the 140mm length limit. Thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

An update to the beretta base pads search. I got a hold of some Roger Sherman Mousetraps and they worked great. With mecgar tubes and no tinkering I can get 17 reloadable. I will be leaving the magazines loaded so the spring will take a set and I am going to try using a push through die to make sure my brass is perfect and hopefully I will get 18 reloadable. Now I just need to find a good magwell.